Browse our guide below to see the fun family-friendly activities near Parker Towers.
1. Pop into Forest Hills Library and try a free children’s program throughout the week. They offer a variety of events like Project Art, Cinema Saturdays, and Pre-K Storytime and Crafts.
2. Take a spin on the Forest Park Carousel. It’s part of Forest Park Carousel Amusement Village, which has an exciting assortment of classic, family-friendly rides within Forest Park.
3. If rides aren’t your thing, spend time enjoying Forest Park’s multiple playgrounds, baseball fields, skate park, and basketball courts.
4. Enroll the kids in cooking classes at Young Chefs Academy of Forest Hills. They’ll get to explore and experiment with acquired culinary skills in kid-friendly kitchens.
5. Get crafty and creative, as you paint your own pottery at Oliloli Arts and Crafts Studio.
6. Take a step back in time at Eddie’s Sweet Shop, a century-old soda fountain that offers up huge, fresh homemade ice cream sundaes, shakes, and egg creams.
7. Order a thin-crust pizza and kick back in the vinyl booth at Nick’s Pizza, if you’re looking for a low-key, fun, family dinner.
8. Rediscover your inner child at Aigner’s Chocolates. The handmade candies range from chocolate truffles, caramels, peppermint patties and heart-shaped lollipops that are a big hit with kids.
9. Shop along Austin Street. It is lined with both boutiques and retail chains, restaurants, and other establishments, including Thank Heaven, a cute children’s boutique.
10. Watch a movie at Cinemart Cinemas. They have a small café where families can grab pizza or ice cream before or after the film.
Have you done something on this list and loved it? Share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #CityLifeJustGotHappier and tag @ParkerTowersNYC.
(Photo Credit: The Forest Hills Park Carousel, Instagram)